Saturday 12 May 2012

Please Welcome Mr. Gorgeous

Greetings,
 
My name is Mr. Gorgeous, and I am new here. A friend of Mr. Darko's for many years, of late I have decided to move my reviews from Flixster to somewhere more distinguished, and I hope to contribute many reviews during my stay. Dark Shadows has been my first review, and as I work at my local movie theater, hopefully films as recent as Dark Shadows should appear on the list of movies I've discussed.

As I am obligated to talk a little bit more about myself, I feel that mentioning my dreams of entering the film industry might be appropriate. I have been doing well in my film studies, and I am currently in the pre-production of my latest short film, A Friend For Steve. Apart from film I like to study sociology, psychology, and neuroscience; these interests affects my movie preference greatly as I would rather watch a film like Shutter Island than How to Lose a Guy in Ten Days (which wasn't a half bad movie). 

So what should you look for from me in the future? I have plans on changing my name after I have determined my favorite film (I am in the process of re-watching all my favorites, hoping they are as good the second time), and will probably be adding to the site a wide release-date range of films; for someone hoping to study Production, I am very behind on my movie watching.

Cheers

Mr. Gorgeous



Mr. Darko's Two Cents:

I'm distinguished eh? Good to know and welcome to The Movie Log. I was always game to bring in another writer to spice things up a bit and Mr. Gorgeous should be a great contrast to myself even if his self perception might be a little high. As someone who wishes to enter the film industry, I think he wants to do hair and make-up, with some directing and writing on the side, he should be able to offer a fresh view on movies. Lets face it, I watch anything and enjoy it all, and if he can start off boldly critiquing Tim Burton's work he may be a little more picking.

Also don't worry, I find it just as hard to figure out what my favourite movie is, and it constantly shifts.  

No comments:

Post a Comment