Monday 28 May 2012

Weekly News: + Mr. Darko Internet Update.

G.I. Joe: Retaliation Will Be In 3D

So this week Paramount announced that this summers G.I. Joe sequel would be pushed back until March 2013. That is one hell of a push, considering I've been seeing trailers for it in theatres for a couple months now. I wonder if that would be a record for earliest theatre preview before release? Probably not. So why is Retaliation being pushed back some 8 months (I'm really guessing there)? It seems Paramount thinks that they should convert the movie into 3D to scrape up some more money. Remember, it wasn't filmed in 3D, they are just gonna pull a Titanic and convert it. I really just picture a guy on photoshop with the magic wand selecting things to make 3D. Anyway, while I had no intention of seeing Retaliation, I'm still ignoring the first one, this will definitely give me more reason to ignore its sequel.  Also if you were wondering what the awesome song was in the trailer, the original was Seven Nation Army by The White Stripes.

Horror Fans Rejoice For Wider Releases of The Loved Ones and The Innkeepers

I think by know any horror fan has probably dug up a copy of the Australian horror movie, The Loved Ones, as well as Ti West's latest movie, The Innkeepers, I know I have. However, for those of you who have yet to see them, and those moviegoers who have never even heard of them may be lucky enough to see them in theatres this summer. The Innkeepers will be getting a UK theatrical run starting June 8th. While those Americans will get The Loved ones on June 1st. While I might get neither I am extremely pleased to hear about some of the better horror movies to come out recently are being recognized and getting a more mainstream theater showing.

Mr. Darko's Lack of Internet:

For those of you who read the random news I put up, on what was going to be a weekly basis it will unfortunately be postponed. I currently have convenient internet access from my local bar, so I will not be able to browse the internet as usual for fun news, nor read all the IMDB pages. I will promise to open more tabs than firefox was ever meant to handle before I leave every night, so I can maybe read some things on the interwebs. I will continue to write reviews and should be able to keep with my two day regularity. I will say that my lack of internet only guartantees that I will have more time to watch movies so expect, some solid pileups on the reviews I would hope. Anyway, I will try to keep everything running smoothly but don't hate me if I have some lapses, I will be back to normal in a couple months.

No comments:

Post a Comment