Wednesday 11 January 2012

05/01/2012: The King's Speech [2011]

Have been rather busy lately, and am also pretty much out of movies at the moment. Going to the movies friday hopefully, and will also be picking some more up soon. In the meantime here come a couple of summaries for a few flicks I caught last week.

The King's Speech... I'd heard a lot of people talking about how good this was, but they never really told me exactly what it was. What it is a massive character study of King George the VI, and his st..st...stammer. Okay that was cruel, played extremely well by Colin Firth, Bertie is a good character who you feel for in all manner of ways, as you watch his story unfold as the man who never expected to be king suddenly is, all the while feeling unworthy due to his speech problems.

The supporting cast was also good, especially Geoffrey Rush, who play the Kings speech therapist. The story is extremely historical, with many real speeches taking place and filled with real life characters. The setting is good as far as I can tell, I'm no historian. As for the accuracy of the story, well I know nothing of its validity either.


Overall The King's Speech is a great historical story, and I'm sure for some, a moving movie. For other it's a slow paced character study. While I fall a little more towards the latter I don't regret watching it, I just won't be re-watching it.







































Link:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1504320/

No comments:

Post a Comment