Friday 30 December 2011

06/12/2011: Day of the Dead [2008]

After watching the original George A. Romero's Day of the Dead, just last week I decided to see what I thought was a remake. Sadly this film is not even close to such a thing. If it had been titled anything but Day of the Dead I would have been fine with it.

Taken as a zombie movie, the movie is okay, and interesting. But when viewed as one of the Dead series it fail horribly. My first problem is that in fact the movie takes place at night, at the center and beginning of the outbreak. It rewrites the entire outbreak even stating a cause, giving it no ties to the Dead series. Overall, as Day of the Dead I give it a 5/10, without that name probably a 6~6.5/10

They did however keep Bub/Bud the friendly zombie, who used to be in the military and still reacts to drill commands.

Link:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0489018/

No comments:

Post a Comment