Friday 30 December 2011

24/12/2011: The Girl Who Kicked the Hornets' Nest (Luftslottet Som Sprängdes) [2009]

So I finally finished off the Swedish trilogy this morning, after passing up the chance to see David Fincher's version of TGWTDT last night. I think that was the good choice, allowing me to watch the Swedish trilogy uninfluenced by the American remake.

When I started this trilogy I had no idea what it was about, and do to the last few book series turned movies (twilight, the hunger games, etc.) I thought it would be along that young adult line. However was I ever in for a treat, this trilogy is dark and filled with mystery, not shying away from anything in Stieg Larssons' amazing book series which I am more and more disappointed he didn't get to finish.

The Swedish film trilogy does however successfully sum up the story arc with few loose ends and really no hint to what the 4th books content would have been. The Girl Who Kicked the Hornets' Nest is still not as good as the first but is better than the second, so if the second is the weakest and I still think its amazing the others are therefore phenomenal.

While the fourth book turns into a bit more of a courtroom thriller for part, the scenes there help to answer questions and provide a good closure. If you have seen the first I strongly encourage that you watch the others, although I can't imagine anyone not wanting too, as the story of Lisbeth Salander is a gripping conspiracy, and I am curious to see how well Fincher will do it. I give the Swedish trilogy a 9/10.

Link:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1343097/

No comments:

Post a Comment